Yes and as promised, the new VR 2.0 is available on our website for purchase! Check out the new colour.
The low-trail geometry, braze-ons and the tubing specifications of V.1 remain the same. We have made the following minor changes:
- Increasing the rear axle dropout spacing from 130mm to 132.5mm to allow the more commonly available 135mm hubs and wheels sets to be fitted.
- Instead of vertical, the V.2 will have adjustable horizontal rear drop outs which will allow for internal hub and fixed-gear builds. There will still be enough clearance with fenders combined with the long term flexibility to reconfigure the build of your bike (e.g fixie, single speed or internal hub).
- The front fork crown will now have an underside 5mm threaded fitting to allow fenders to be attached to the crown directly.
- The indent diameter of the chainstay and the clearance of the seatstays wil be increased from 52mm to 56mm to allow for wider fenders and tires.
- In a fit of madness, we also have decided to have few frames in each size made as a “no braze-on frame” – without pump, brake, brake cables, dérailleur cables or shifters bosses and with 2 sets of bottle cage braze-ons on the seat and down tubes and fender attachments.
Have a super day!