Velo Routier Version 2 650B Low Trail Frame (without braze-ons)
- increasing the rear axle dropout spacing from 130mm to 132.5mm to allow the more commonly available 135mm hubs and wheels sets to be fitted.
- instead of vertical, the Velo Routier 2.0 will have adjustable horizontal rear drop outs which will allow for internal hub and fixed-gear builds.
- the front fork crown will now have an underside 5mm threaded fitting to allow fenders to be attached to the crown directly.
- the indent diameter of the chainstay and the clearance of the seatstays wil be increased from 52mm to 56mm to allow for wider fenders and tires.
- Colour: French Tricolour Blue
- Classic French low trail geometry
- Cro-mo double butted tubing through-out tuned for frame size
- Cro-mo fork
- Clearance to fit up to 42mm wide 650b tires with fenders.
- Extended head-tube (25mm)
Detailed Frame Geometry
Braze-on and Attachments
- Rear rack eyelets
- Full fender eyelets at bridges and dropouts
- Two sets of water bottle bosses
- 132.5mm rear hub spacing
- 1" traditional English threaded headset
- 28.6mm front derailleur clamp size
- 27.2mm seat post size / 30 mm seatpost clamp I.D.
Max tire size width: 42mm
Any JIS 1" English threaded headset will work .
- 68mm English Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Bare frame weight 2177 grams (medium 54 cm frame)
- Bare fork weight 958 grams (for medium 54 cm frame)
The bosses on our VR frame will fit all regular long reach centre-pull brakes, Weinmann, Diacompe and Mafac. They need the DIA-COMPE Center-Pull To Braze-On Assembly Kit to make it work. The kit comes with replacements springs for Weinmann and DiaCompe brakes. Mafac brakes only need the plates and reuse the existing springs.
Paul Centre pull brakes WILL NOT work as they need cantilever braze-on brake posts with are larger in diameter than centre-pull brake post.