Social Venture - Ami Trishaw (HangPai)
*** UPDATED April 15 2021 ***
Congratulations to our first 50 Trishaws owners all across Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario).
With the incredible worldwide demand for all bicycles and parts, lead times have greatly increased across the industry and we are now taking deposits for our next order scheduled to arrive Spring 2022.
Cycles Toussaint established a social venture arm that strives to enable people of all walks of life to "Ride Their Journey". The sole focus of our venture is to further enable the phenomenal growth of the Cycling Without Age movement within Canada.
Cycling Without Age works to improve the lives of the elderly or those less abled by promoting intergenerational relationships and providing an opportunity to connect with our neighbours, nature and fresh air.
Cycles Toussaint provides a Canadian designed trishaw bicycle that is durable, simple to ride and easy to service called Ami. The goal of our venture is to make it simple and easy to have our partners and passengers experience the "wind in their hair". A portion of the cost of each trishaw is forwarded to Cycling Without Age to support the growth of this wonderful movement.
Similar to our classic Velo Routier Bicycle, Ami has a cream frame, silver component accents along with brown leather bike seat and hand grips. The handsome wood grain passenger box is comfortably accentuated by brown seat cushions and seat belts. Our robust 500 Watt electric motor, battery capacity and gearing selection will enable pilots the confidence to conquer a wide variety of terrain.
Features (* new/updated features)
- Rear drive 48V 500 watt motor with 65 Nm* of torque
- Samsung lithium-ion 48V 13 Ah, 468 Wh
- King Meter Display with walk assist and 5 levels of peddle assist
- Shimano® Alivio nine speed cassette
- 36 tooth crank
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes with parking lock
- Aluminum double wall rims (with eyelets)
- Removable footplate for easy passenger loading
- Passenger seat belts
- Removable red canopy
- Fitted waterproof blanket
- Storage under seat and for pilots
- Powder coated steel frame
- Water bottle holder and bell included
- Length 216 cm
- Width 103 cm (including canopy brackets)
- Passenger seat inside width 88 cm
- Height 104 cm (ground to top of passenger box, adjustable handlebar extra)
- Weight ~100 kg
- Payload 260 kg
- 1 year warranty on manufacturer defects
- In case you need to replace a component, we are stocking spare parts that are unique to our bike (e.g battery, charge controller, display) in Canada and will be available upon request. All other components would be replaceable at most local bike stores.
- Ami is delivered in an efficient and economical manner which saves owners money on shipping costs. You will receive 3 flat packed boxes.
- We suggest planning approximately 1 day for final assembly. Most handy people will be able to easily accomplish this with the assistance of detailed assembly manual.
- We recommend consulting a certified bicycle mechanic if you have any doubts or concerns regarding your experience or ability to properly assemble and tune the trishaw.
- Assembly and Owners manual will be delivered via link to PDF.
- For Canada: Our social venture price to Canadian CWA affiliates for the Trishaw is $8500.00 CAD plus applicable GST/HST/PST. Shipping to major population centers in Canada is INCLUDED.
- For USA: Our social venture price to USA CWA affiliates is $7000 USD plus applicable taxes, duties, import fees and shipping from Calgary Alberta.
- Full payment of balance due will be required prior to shipment. Payment methods available Payable via Paypal, Certified Cheque, Money Order, Wire or Cheque.
- Please email us so we can provide details on your preferred option.