Le Pavé is our tribute Build Kit to the late 19th and early 20th century Path Racers.
Path is the old fashioned Victorian/ Edwardian cycling term for track. The Path Racer was a bike that served a dual purpose for both road and track racing. Our focus is to provide you with a stylish local town ride that displays a respectful nod to this era.
In an issue of "Outing", published in April 1889, folks who competed on Path Racers were characterized as "delicately trained" and "so highly strung as to be susceptible to all manner of trifling influences". In the current time period, this probably the equivalent of one latte too many on a Saturday morning.
Still designed with classic French low trail geometry to fit 32-to-42mm wide 650B tires, Le Pave is a single speed for comfort and a some pace pace when the road turns to cinder, cobbles, dirt, grass and gravel. There are braze-ons for a front handlebar bag rack, low rider panniers and a rear rack and two bottle water mount mounts. The frame is full 4130 Cro-mo throughout TIG welded with a main triangle of double butted tubing and stays. The fork is Cro-mo with a wide clearance cast crown that fit up to 42mm wide 650b tires with fenders.
Le Pave is equipped with a 170mm 36 tooth compact polished alloy crankset to power the drive train along with a 13 tooth in the rear (with included spacers). Hands feel safe on the Duracork bar grips and it's all topped by our stainless steel rail all-leather terra - brown saddle.
With all our bikes, we provide the super supple and plush 38mm Pacenti 650B tires for a lively and smooth ride at 45 psi. We even include a stem-mounted aluminum bell and a coffee cup holder (if showing this bike off at a local hipster coffee shop is required).
Base Features also include:
- Classic French low trail geometry
- Cro-mo double butted tubing through-out tuned for frame size (without pivots)
- Cro-mo fork- Clearance to fit up to 42mm wide 650b tires with fenders
- 132mm rear hub spacing
- Horizontal Dropouts
- 1" traditional threaded headset
- 28.6mm front derailleur clamp size (if applicable)
- 27.2mm seat post size
- 1" JIS Alloy Threaded Headset for 1" Threaded Fork
- Tektro R559 front and Rear Brakes
- 650b Wheelset with cream 38mm Pacenti 650b Tires
- 103mm X 68mm 24T - BSA Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Path Racer Handle Bars
- Duracork Handle Bar Grips