- Classic French low trail geometry
- Cro-mo double butted tubing through-out tuned for frame size
- Cro-mo fork
- Clearance to fit up to 42mm wide 650b tires with fenders.
- Extended head-tube (25mm)
Detailed Frame Geometry
Braze-on and Attachments
- Long reach drop centre-pull brake braze-on mounts (68-78mm)
- Downtube braze-on shifter bosses
- Handlebar bag rack braze-on mounts
- Front low rider rack mounts
- Rear rack eyelets
- Full fender eyelets at bridges and dropouts
- Left seat stay pump mount
- Two sets of water bottle bosses
- 132.5mm rear hub spacing
- 1" traditional English threaded headset
- 28.6mm front derailleur clamp size
- 27.2mm seat post size / 30 mm seatpost clamp I.D.
Max tire size width: 42mm
Any JIS 1" English threaded headset will work .
- 68mm English Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Bare frame weight 2177 grams (medium 54 cm frame)
- Bare fork weight 958 grams (for medium 54 cm frame)
The bosses on our VR frame will fit all regular long reach centre-pull brakes, Weinmann, Diacompe and Mafac. They need the DIA-COMPE Center-Pull To Braze-On Assembly Kit to make it work. The kit comes with replacements springs for Weinmann and DiaCompe brakes. Mafac brakes only need the plates and reuse the existing springs.
Paul Centre pull brakes WILL NOT work as they require cantilever braze-on brake posts with are longer in length than centre-pull brake post.