Velo Routier Version 2 650B Low Trail Frame (with braze-ons)
- increasing the rear axle dropout spacing from 130mm to 132.5mm to allow the more commonly available 135mm hubs and wheels sets to be fitted.
- instead of vertical, the Velo Routier 2.0 will have adjustable horizontal rear drop outs which will allow for internal hub and fixed-gear builds.
- the front fork crown will now have an underside 5mm threaded fitting to allow fenders to be attached to the crown directly.
- the indent diameter of the chainstay and the clearance of the seatstays wil be increased from 52mm to 56mm to allow for wider fenders and tires.
- Colour: French Tricolour Blue
- Classic French low trail geometry
- Cro-mo double butted tubing through-out tuned for frame size
- Cro-mo fork
- Clearance to fit up to 42mm wide 650b tires with fenders.
- Extended head-tube (25mm)
Detailed Frame Geometry
Braze-on and Attachments
- Long reach drop centre-pull brake braze-on mounts (68-78mm)
- Downtube braze-on shifter bosses
- Handlebar bag rack braze-on mounts
- Front low rider rack mounts
- Rear rack eyelets
- Full fender eyelets at bridges and dropouts
- Left seat stay pump mount
- Two sets of water bottle bosses
- 132.5mm rear hub spacing
- 1" traditional English threaded headset
- 28.6mm front derailleur clamp size
- 27.2mm seat post size / 30 mm seatpost clamp I.D.
Max tire size width: 42mm
Any JIS 1" English threaded headset will work .
- 68mm English Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Bare frame weight 2177 grams (medium 54 cm frame)
- Bare fork weight 958 grams (for medium 54 cm frame)
Note. The brake mounting studs on our frames are M6 Bolts X 11mm deep. FYI standard cantilever studs are M6 bolts X 16mm deep.
The bosses on our VR frame will fit all regular long-reach center-pull brakes (typically 63-75 mm), Weinmann, Diacompe, and Mafac.
The Rene Herse brakes are compatible with our VR1 and VR2 Frames
https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop/components/brakes/centerpull-brakes/ will work. Dia-Compe GC700 may work based on the reach we don't have any customer confirmation.
They need the DIA-COMPE Center-Pull To Braze-On Assembly Kit to make it work. The kit comes with replacement springs for Weinmann and DiaCompe brakes. Mafac brakes only need the plates and reuse the existing springs.