The Citie is a Velo Routier equipped for city riding with upright swept back handlebars. At slow speeds this bike is very stable and at high speeds it is very nimble. Without a load, the steering feels very light at low speeds (below 20 km/hr/13 mph), this sensation disappears at higher speeds where it does not fall into a turn but will go exactly where the rider directs it.
Designed with classic French low trail geometry to fit 32-to-42mm wide 650B tires with fenders, braze-ons for a front handlebar bag rack, low rider panniers and a rear rack for light touring. Two bottle water mount mounts and frame pump pegs on the seat stays. The frame is full 4130 Cro-mo throughout TIG welded with a main triangle of double butted tubing and stays. The fork is Cro-mo with a wide clearance cast crown that fit up to 2.1 inch wide Pacenti Neo-Moto MTB tires.
The Citie is equipped with a 1X10 or 2X10 speed Micro-shift polished alloy MicroShift drive train. Super compact 46T or 36T Luxe crank polished to mirror-like finish and proportional lengths of 165mm. 170mm or 175mm. Dia-Compe 750 long travel centre pull brakes are fixed to braze-on posts for a well modulated braking action. All topped by stainless steel rail Gyes all-leather saddle.
We fully equipped it to ride in all conditions. Hammered, aluminium fender mounted with double darumas and leather washers. No crummy heavy tires or cheap thick inner tubes; super supple and plush Pacenti 650B tires and Kenda inner tubes for lively and smooth ride at 40 psi. We've even included a stem-mounted aluminum bell.
Each Citie comes partially assembled by or full assembled one of our dealers.
- Hammered Fenders for front and read wheel
- Classic French low trail geometry
- Cro-mo double butted tubing through-out tuned for frame size
- Cro-mo fork
- Clearance to fit up to 42mm wide 650b tires with fenders, 2.1 inch wide MTB Tires.
- Extended head-tube (25mm)
Braze-on and Non-Braze-on Framesets Available
- Long drop centre-pull brake braze-on mounts (62-78mm)
- Downtube braze-on shifter bosses
- Handlebar bag rack braze-on mounts
- Front low rider rack mounts
- Rear rack eyelets
- Full fender eyelets at bridges and dropouts
- Left seat stay pump mount
- Two sets of water bottle bosses
- 132.5 mm rear hub spacing
- 1" traditional threaded headset
- 28.6mm front derailleur clamp size
- 27.2mm seat post size
- Max tire size width: 42mm
- Bare frame weight 2177 grams (medium 54 cm frame)
- Bare fork weight 958 grams (for medium 54 cm frame)