The Citie is a Velo Routier equipped for city riding with upright swept back handlebars. With the optional porteur rack, the Citie works great with a heavy load on the front. It's ability to ride is not at all affected by the load. With medium with a 7 kg load on the front rack, at slow speeds this bike is very stable and at high speeds it is very nimble. Without a load, the steering feels very light at low speeds (below 20 km/hr/13 mph), this sensation disappears at higher speeds where it does not fall into a turn but will go exactly where the rider directs it.
Designed with classic French low trail geometry to fit 32-to-42mm wide 650B tires with fenders, braze-ons for a front handlebar bag rack, low rider panniers and a rear rack for light touring. Two bottle water mount mounts and frame pump pegs on the seat stays. The frame is full 4130 Cro-mo throughout TIG welded with a main triangle of double butted tubing and stays. The fork is Cro-mo with a wide clearance cast crown that fit up to 2.1 inch wide Pacenti Neo-Moto MTB tires.
The Citie is equipped with a 2X10 speed Micro-shift polished alloy MicroShift drive train. Super compact 46-32T Luxe crank polished to mirror-like finish and proportional lengths of 165mm. 170mm or 175mm. Dia-Compe 750 long travel centre pull brakes are fixed to braze-on posts for a well modulated braking action. All topped by stainless steel rail Gyes all-leather saddle.
We fully equipped it to ride in all conditions. Hammered, aluminium fender mounted with double darumas and leather washers. Stainless steel front bag rack and rear pannier rack. No crummy heavy tires or cheap thick inner tubes; super supple and plush Pacenti 650B tires and Maxxis ultra-light inner tubes for lively and smooth ride at 40 psi. We've even included two water bottle cages, a stem-mounted aluminum bell and a frame pump on its own braze-on mounts.
Each Citie comes partially assembled by or full assembled one of our dealers.
- Classic French low trail geometry
- Cro-mo double butted tubing through-out tuned for frame size
- Cro-mo fork
- Clearance to fit up to 42mm wide 650b tires with fenders, 2.1 inch wide MTB Tires.
- Extended head-tube (25mm)
Detailed Frame Geometry
Braze-on and Attachments
- Long drop centre-pull brake braze-on mounts (62-78mm)
- Downtube braze-on shifter bosses
- Handlebar bag rack braze-on mounts
- Front low rider rack mounts
- Rear rack eyelets
- Full fender eyelets at bridges and dropouts
- Left seat stay pump mount
- Two sets of water bottle bosses
- 130mm rear hub spacing
- 1" traditional threaded headset
- 28.6mm front derailleur clamp size
- 27.2mm seat post size
- Max tire size width: 42mm
- Bare frame weight 2177 grams (medium 54 cm frame)
- Bare fork weight 958 grams (for medium 54 cm frame)
This is an oversize item. Please contact us first before ordering at email@example.com and we will email you a shipping quote.